[Xymon] Feature request: CLIENT-LOCAL.CFG - combine hosts and ostype definitions

Andrey Chervonets a.chervonets at cominder.eu
Thu Feb 9 12:42:26 CET 2012

In CLIENT-LOCAL.CFG told:
"When deciding which section to send to a client, Xymon will first look
for a section named after the hostname of the client; if such a section
does not exist, it will look for a section named by the operating system
of the client. So you can configure special configurations for
individual hosts, and have a default configuration for all other hosts
of a certain type."

It would be very usefull to be possible to merge both host and OS type
log files, etc definitions.

There are files present on any host of each type such as OS logs:
/var/log/messages etc.
And in most cases we need to monitor them.

And there are also host-specific files, for example DB/APP logs - that
we define for each host.

Since I had added per-host entry - my log files defined by OS type - not
checked anymore.
But we need it!.

I know - it is easy to just add another lne to host definition, but it
would be nice possibility to merge definitions already done for OS-type.