[Xymon] xymon compiling issues on Mac OSX 10.6 (darwin)

Francois Claire fclaire at free.fr
Mon Feb 6 16:13:20 CET 2012

Hi Scott,

> I was having problems compiling xymon on OSX 10.6 until I ran across
> this old post on xymon developer list.
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=26609049
Could you please let me know why you've compiled your own xymon on Mac
OSX ? Have you experienced problems with the macports ?

> The 2 patches for Makefile proposed by the original poster fixed the
> compile issues and I implemented the 3rd patch as well.   Have you
> given any thought to merging these changes back into the trunk?
I guess Henrik didn't incorporated those patches because they might have
created problems on other architectures...

As far as I know using the macports makes the installation of xymon on
Mac easy. Since I started supporting these ports I never got any user
feedback. Yours is weclcome !

Regards,
Francois.