[Xymon] Odd behaviour with FILE test

john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com
Wed Feb 1 16:43:33 CET 2012

Has anyone seen this happen before -

First, my Xymon server is running on Ubuntu 10.04.  Xymon version 4.3.0.

I have 2 Windows 2003 SP2 servers in which I check a files modified time.

On one of those servers the file checked returns a green indication as the file has been modified within the last 5 minutes.
On the other it says it has not been updated in over 21,600+ seconds (just over the 6 hour mark).

If I look at the data returned from both tests the time in seconds in virtually the same - both are actually off by about 6 hours.  The time and time zone are set the same on both servers.  The times are all consistent with the Xymon server.  The files on both servers are no older then 5 minutes.

So, why does one file test say it is off by 6 hours (UTC vs. CST)?

Thanks,
John
John Rothlisberger
IT Strategy, Infrastructure & Security - Technology Growth Platform
TGP for Business Process Outsourcing
Accenture
312.693.3136 office

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.