[Xymon] okcolors,clear status and recovery message

Igor Berman igor.berman at takadu.com
Wed Aug 15 12:49:37 CEST 2012

Hi,
We are using clear color in our custom tests as a special marker, because of this we removed clear from okcolors from xymonserver.cfg, in intention to not get recovery mails when there is a transition
from red->clear or yellow -> clear. However it doesn't work.
Recovery messages are still sent on clear.

In xymonserver.cfg:
ALERTCOLORS="red,yellow,purple"                 # Colors that may trigger an alert message
OKCOLORS="green,blue"                   # Colors that may trigger a recovery message

Some details:
Xymon version 4.3.7

alert.cfg rule
HOST=* EXSERVICE=backend,backend_daemon,quartz_jobs,xymon_ext,xy_event,xy_watchdog,xy_queries,customer_data,cpu,disk RECOVERED
                                MAIL=support at ....com        COLOR=red REPEAT=8h
                                MAIL=support at ....com        COLOR=yellow REPEAT=8h

We also disabled flapping status checks with
[xymond]
        ENVFILE /home/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
        CMD xymond --flap-count=0 --pidfile=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymond.pid \
                --restart=$XYMONTMP/xymond.chk --checkpoint-file=$XYMONTMP/xymond.chk --checkpoint-interval=600 \
                --log=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymond.log \
                --admin-senders=127.0.0.1,$XYMONSERVERIP \
                --store-clientlogs=!msg
In tasks.cfg

Please advise how it could be solved or debugged

Thanks in advance
Igor