[Xymon] Fwd: Green status

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 19:29:38 CEST 2012

How are you monitoring the nodes? do you have a xymon client on each of the
nodes or are you doing a simple "ping" check to the node?

If you are just doing a simple ping check then, off the top of my head, I
would make all nodes "noconn" in the hosts.cfg so Xymon doesn't actually
ping them anymore and write a script which uses the data you have to ping
nodes and then work out if the node should be up or not, and if the node is
down and it shouldn't be then trigger a red alarm for that node.

Steve