[Xymon] devmon : No matching templates for device

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Tue Aug 7 02:13:06 CEST 2012

Ashkar,

I always explicitly specify the template - e.g.

192.168.0.110    svr2-test   #ssh DEVMON:model(HP;HP server),cid(public)

I'm not sure having spaces in the model name is a good idea though - I'd
remove those,

While pattern matching on sysDescr does work, it gets messy once you're
managing multiple templates and device families. Too easy to get
multiple matches or tie yourself in knots trying to get matching to work
instead of just specifying what you want!

David.

David Baldwin - Senior Systems Administrator (Datacentres + Networks)
Information and Communication Technology Services
Australian Sports Commission          http://ausport.gov.au
Tel 02 62147830 Fax 02 62141830       PO Box 176 Belconnen ACT 2616
david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au          Leverrier Street Bruce ACT 2617

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.