[Xymon] Email alert clarifications

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Aug 6 16:05:56 CEST 2012

On 06-08-2012 15:36, Don Kuhlman wrote:
> The way I'm reading this, is that we have the CPU alerts set for any non
> green condition for this host to send an email to the infrastructure
> team every 30 minutes between 8 AM and 4PM weekdays.

Correct.

> There are two places telling it to send the appsupport team an email
> every 30 minutes for any non-green condition.  However, one is at any
> time, the other is weekdays 8AM – 4PM
>
> First question, why is there an "R" in parentheses behind the first two
> alerts?

The "(R)" means it will also send a "Recovered" message.

> Second question, where can I find the source of my duplicated
> "appsupport" email ?

Easiest way is to run

    xymoncmd xymond_alert --dump-config

to get the parsed version of the alerts.cfg file with the corresponding
line-numbers of the config file, and then run

    xymoncmd xymond_alert --test SERVERNAME cpu \
	--time=`date +%s --date="today 1 pm"`

to see where you get a "** Match with" hit.