[Xymon] Horizontal lines as separatorson the main view

Becker Christian christian.becker at rhein-zeitung.net
Fri Apr 20 12:29:34 CEST 2012

Hello out there,

having implemented Xymon 4.3.7 and working with it, I'm wondering about a "cosmetic" thing.

We have several Xymon environments for several customer datacenter's. One environment has 40 pages on the main view, but they should be separated between PROD and TEST environments.

At this time, they are separated by the name of the pages, for example "Application" and "Application-T" (for TEST), or "Database" and "Database-T" and so on.
In the upper half of the main view, there are the PROD pages, and in the lower half of the main view, there are the TEST pages. The two halves are separated by "dummy" pages.
For example:

[Application]
[-]
[Application-T]

The [-] is on of the dummy pages, the next dummy page is [--], then the next dummy page is [---] and so on.

For me this is not really nice, I would rather like to have the ability to separate things using HTML-tags, for example <HR>, but I don't know if this is possible on the main view? (for example by inserting a special tag or line into hosts.cfg??)

Kind regards

CHRISTIAN BECKER
System Engineer
CSC

CSC * This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose * CSC Deutschland Services GmbH * Registered Office: Abraham-Lincoln-Park 1, 65189 Wiesbaden, Germany * Board of Directors: Gerhard Fercho (Chairman),Thomas Nebe, Peter Schmidt * Registered in Germany: HRB 7574, Wiesbaden