[Xymon] Bug report for RRD graphs generated from devmon.

KING, KEVIN KK1051 at att.com
Wed Apr 11 20:15:25 CEST 2012

I have found that RRD graphs that are generated from Devmon test that have a Note or other text after the "TABLE:rrd(DS:ds0:ifInEps:GAUGE)" section get counded as a line to link to a graph.

Here is a sample:

<!--DEVMON RRD: if_EEM 0 0
DS:ds0:GAUGE:600:0:U
AT9_0_0 0
AT9_0_1 0
Se1_0_0 0
Se1_0_1 0
Se1_0_2 0
Se1_0_3 0
Se1_1_0 0
Se1_1_1 0
Se1_1_2 0
Se1_1_3 0
Se1_2_0 0
Se1_2_1 0
Se1_2_2 0
Se1_2_3 0
Se1_3_0 0
Se1_3_1 0
Se1_3_2 0
Se1_3_3 0
AT9_0_2 0
AT9_0_3 0
PO9_1_0 0
PO9_1_1 0
PO9_1_2 0
PO9_1_3 0
-->

Note:
Error rates are per second, averaged over a 60 second interval.
EEM errors match up with triggers set in EEM scripts using the inInErrors delta counter.
The EEM script on the routers watch the counter and triggers the script when it crosses 10 errors.
Then it holds the path out of OSPF till the error count drops back to Zero. This test will go yellow when
one error is counted then turn red at 10. This is so we can see events leading up to the script
triggering then monitor till it clears.

When the script runs to build the page it finds the "<!--DEVMON RRD" and starts counting lines to make the links for the graphs.
But it does not stop at the  --> line. I was getting  7 extra links to graphs for every host. If you see my Note: is 7 lines. I removed this and no longer get the extra links.
I confirmed further checking the web page source and could see that the <-- linecount=   was exactly 7 more than the lines before the --> of the RRD section.

Kevin H. King
Engineer V Implementations
AT&T
404-444-0410
"You can not please everyone everyday, But everyday please everyone you can" -me