[Xymon] Xymon Service alert not showing proper status for stopped service - windows

Don Kuhlman Don.Kuhlman at schawk.com
Tue Apr 10 15:56:10 CEST 2012

Hi David. Thanks for the information.  I checked the webpage and it's running 4.3.7

Now, I am also getting similar port errors on the same server that appear to be false alarms.  I setup a port 1433 (SQL) monitor and it's also telling me that isn't listening, but I see a port 1433 listens or connections.

red Tue Apr 10 08:00:07 2012 - Ports NOT ok
&red local=1433 state=LISTENING : (found 0, req. 1 or more)
&green Listen (found 51, req. none)

Active Connections

Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State

TCP    0.0.0.0:80             0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:111            0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:135            0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:445            0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:803            0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:1433           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:2383           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:2799           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

TCP    xx.xx.xx.nn:139         0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING

TCP    xx.xx.xx.nn:1433        xx.xx.xx.nn:1850        ESTABLISHED

TCP    xx.xx.xx.nn:1433        xx.xx.xx.nn:1214      ESTABLISHED

TCP    xx.xx.xx.nn:1433        xx.xx.xx.nn:1483      ESTABLISHED

TCP    xx.xx.xx.nn:1433        xx.xx.xx.nn:4308      ESTABLISHED

TCP    xx.xx.xx.nn:1433        xx.xx.xx.nn:4389      ESTABLISHED

TCP    xx.xx.xx.nn:1433        xx.xx.xx.nn:4937      ESTABLISH

TCP    [::]:80                [::]:0                 LISTENING

TCP    [::]:135               [::]:0                 LISTENING

TCP    [::]:445               [::]:0                 LISTENING

TCP    [::]:1433              [::]:0                 LISTENING