[Xymon] Installing on a cluster Node

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:32:32 CEST 2011

I am going back a few years, so the memory is a little cloudy.
First off, bbwin is not cluster aware. That is one thing my memory is quite
clear on. :-)

What we did, was to install bbwin on each cluster member, and treat each
member like a single physical server.
We then created a CLUSTERNAME server, and all the relevant tests for the
cluster as an entity, were in fact combo-tests, based on the results coming
from the cluster members.
It takes a bit of extra work, but our Windoze team were pretty happy with
the results.
(We did the same thing for a very large Linux cluster we were running too)

Look up Combination Tests in the man pages.

Regards
      Vernon