[Xymon] Alert script "BBCOLORLEVEL" is red when recovered

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Sep 21 22:26:56 CEST 2011

On 21-09-2011 20:27, Rob McBroom wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2011, at 11:26 PM, Jeremy Laidman wrote:
>
>> The BBCOLORLEVEL is "red" in both messages even though for the second the state had returned to green.
>
> I was waiting for an official answer on this, but it doesn’t look like one’s coming. I’ve noticed this too, and all I can give you is my guess: You know it’s green because it’s recovered, but this allows you to also see what it recovered from (in case you care).

I thought I had answered this, but maybe not.

Your analysis is correct, RECOVERED tells you it is OK, and the color
tells you how serious it was when there was an alert. Providing "green"
as the color would be rather meaningless - it is evident from the fact
that it recovered. So better to provide some additional info like how
serious the problem was in the color-value.