[Xymon] [xymon] AIX df command problem

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 20:45:17 CEST 2011

[Just in case this is useful to someone...]

Over a year ago I posted a question about getting Xymon 4.2.3 and AIX df to
play nice together. I solved the problem by using a freeware version of df
that has an option for Posix formatted output in the client script (see
included messages).

I just discovered that we were not getting alerts for full file systems on
AIX servers. The disk column wasn't even turning red or yellow. After
digging into it I found that the hobbitd/client/aix.c module in the source
needed to be changed to reflect the change in the headers produced by this
version of df. After changing it and re-installing we were suddenly greeted
by a multitude of almost full file systems on our AIX servers.

Steve