[Xymon] Process monitoring on Xymon 4.3.4

Jacobs, Paul (Unix) (Produban) paul.jacobs2 at produban.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 14:03:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am setting up Xymon to monitor process running on a host but when I modify the analysis.cfg file its taking ages to change colour on the main page?

PROC "conf/log4j/log4j_AggregationCommonIn.xml" 6 6

So we I can change this from 6 to 7 it should go RED but its taking ages. How do I increase the monitoring period as I need to know quicker when processes have failed?

I did the change well over 5 minutes ago and my page is still green.

Any help greatly appreciated

Paul

Emails aren't always secure, and they may be intercepted or changed
after they've been sent. Produban doesn't accept liability if this
happens. If you think someone may have interfered with this email,
please get in touch with the sender another way. This message and any
documents attached to it do not create or change any contract unless
otherwise specifically stated. Any views or opinions contained in this
message are solely those of the author, and do not necessarily represent
those of Produban, unless otherwise specifically stated and the sender
is authorised to do so. Produban doesn't accept responsibility for
damage caused by any viruses contained in this email or its attachments.
Emails may be monitored. If you've received this email by mistake,
please let the sender know at once that it's gone to the wrong person
and then destroy it without copying, using, or telling anyone about its
contents. Produban Servicios Informaticos Generales, S.L. (UK Branch).
Registered office: Shenley Wood House, Chalkdell Drive, Shenley Wood,
Milton Keynes MK5 6LA. Branch registration number BR 008486.
Ref:[PDB#014]