[Xymon] Trouble installing 4.3.4

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Wed Sep 7 20:45:13 CEST 2011

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Steve Holmes wrote:

> I'm setting up a pair of new Xymon servers for testing. I want to do a clean install of Xymon 4.3.4. The servers are RHEL 6 (and I'm a Solaris admin so
> ...). I've downloaded the tar.gz file from Sourceforge and tried to do the configure, but I'm having some trouble with dependencies. I installed
> rrdtool-1.4.4 with yum, but cairo-png and pixman-0.10.0 are needed and I'm dealing with those.
> Before I go beating my head to a pulp, I'm wondering if there's an easier way. I have looked for an RPM, but have found nothing. I've searched the mail
> archives and have found nothing saying "for an RPM for Xymon 4.3.4 for RHEL 6 look here...". Or anything even close to that.
> Any pointers? Or failing that, what do I need to do to get all the dependencies installed. pkg-config is giving me a headache. It is being very finicky
> about where libraries are located.

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Steve Holmes wrote:

> I'm setting up a pair of new Xymon servers for testing. I want to do a
clean install of Xymon 4.3.4. The servers are RHEL 6 (and I'm a Solaris
admin so
> ...). I've downloaded the tar.gz file from Sourceforge and tried to do
the configure, but I'm having some trouble with dependencies. I installed
> rrdtool-1.4.4 with yum, but cairo-png and pixman-0.10.0 are needed and
I'm dealing with those.
> Before I go beating my head to a pulp, I'm wondering if there's an
easier way. I have looked for an RPM, but have found nothing. I've
searched the mail
> archives and have found nothing saying "for an RPM for Xymon 4.3.4 for
RHEL 6 look here...". Or anything even close to that.
> Any pointers? Or failing that, what do I need to do to get all the
dependencies installed. pkg-config is giving me a headache. It is being
very finicky
> about where libraries are located.

Hi !

I've got no problems with building on ScientificLinux 6 , a Redhat Clone

http://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/

There are pixman-devel, pkgconfig and cairo-devel rpm's available for ..

and should also work on RHEL6 ... or you use the epel-repo

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

cheers,
         martin