[Xymon] Trouble installing 4.3.4

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Wed Sep 7 20:04:16 CEST 2011

I'm setting up a pair of new Xymon servers for testing. I want to do a clean
install of Xymon 4.3.4. The servers are RHEL 6 (and I'm a Solaris admin so
...). I've downloaded the tar.gz file from Sourceforge and tried to do the
configure, but I'm having some trouble with dependencies. I installed
rrdtool-1.4.4 with yum, but cairo-png and pixman-0.10.0 are needed and I'm
dealing with those.

Before I go beating my head to a pulp, I'm wondering if there's an easier
way. I have looked for an RPM, but have found nothing. I've searched the
mail archives and have found nothing saying "for an RPM for Xymon 4.3.4 for
RHEL 6 look here...". Or anything even close to that.

Any pointers? Or failing that, what do I need to do to get all the
dependencies installed. pkg-config is giving me a headache. It is being very
finicky about where libraries are located.

Thanks!
Steve Holmes
Purdue University