[Xymon] Can't get data to appear on status page

Dan Smith rrdansmith at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:59:33 CEST 2011

I've been banging on this for a few days, so I thought I would throw up a
white flag and see if there is an easy answer for this.
When I go to the tab of my custom script, I see the date stamp, but nothing
else...the data that should be displayed is missing.

I am writing a custom script that will run outside of xymon and just use
xymon to return the the data to my monitoring server.
I have collected the data in a file that looks like this:
status host.occas_runtime green Fri Sep  2 14:20:13 EDT 2011
DateTime:                      2011-09-0214:16:42
ActveAppSession:               0
ActiveSipSession:              0
DestroyedAppSession:           2561
DestroyedSipSession:           2538
MsgsProcessed:                 3965
MsgsReceived:                  3967
MsgsRejected:                  0
FailedSipTrans:                0
SipThroughput:                 40
SuccessSipTrans:               33
TotalAppSession:               3963
TotalSipSession:               3955

I am sending the file to the xymon server with this command:
/home/xymon/client/bin/xymon bb_host_IP- < /tmp/data_file.tmp

When I go to the tab for this monitor, I see the date stamp, but nothing
else.  It's like the rest of the data got truncated.

The host is red hat.  I am using the client from xymon 4.3.4.

It seems like when I send the data using the xymon client, I'm actually
sending it one line at a time...which might explain why only the first line
goes through.  Is there a right way to do this?

Is there something else that I'm missing?

-dan