[Xymon] Ubuntu 10.04 apt install hobbit-client

Tom S tsztur at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 04:34:14 CEST 2011

Big problem getting the hobbit-client utility from the default apt-get repo.
Why is the home directory of the user 'hobbit' in /var/run/hobbit?
Every time the system reboots /var/run gets cleared.
Hobbit starts fine but my .ssh/authorized_keys file gets erased and my
ssh-tunnel no longer works!

What is a way around this .. my entire environment of 12 virtual servers now
will break XYMON monitoring for them anytime they servers are rebooted.

How can I fix this without reinstalling?

tia?