[Xymon] what's the "actual memory"?

Neil Simmonds Neil.Simmonds at express-gifts.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 09:13:23 CEST 2011

Hi Oliver,

I'm hoping somebody can answer this as well.

I was having a quick look at my PC this morning and Xymon is reporting
the following

Physical           2329M       3567M         65%
Actual               49M       3567M          1%
Swap               3162M       7132M         44%

Physical looks about right as Task Manager is showing 2.32Gb in use.

I've had a look at Resource Monitor in Windows 7 and it looks like the
Actual is labelled there as "modified"?

As my swap file is 3567M and my physical is also 3567M (4Gb installed
but 32bit system) the total shown in Swap appears to be actually the
total memory not just the swap file.

To my way of thinking, surely Physical and Swap should be exactly what
they say they are and Actual should be the combined figure.
Neil.