[Xymon] Solaris prtdiag

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 05:13:41 CEST 2011

I cobbled something together at $PREVIOUS_CONTRACT, and I might be able to
get it later this evening. I will have a look.
It's really simple these days, because of the Solaris picld. (man picld for
more info)

In it's simplest form, the test runs prtdiag, and thanks to how picld works
with prtdiag, you can derive a status from $?

Simple, but effective.
Xymon will tell you there is a hardware problem, but cannot tell you exactly
what the problem is. That's best done using a human brain version 1.00 or
better.

Regards
     Vernon