[Xymon] Feature requests, combo.d, uptime alert, xymonserver.cfg syncing

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Nov 30 13:18:03 CET 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:25:34 -0500, "Gore, David W (David)"
<david.gore at verizon.com> wrote:
> * combo.d directory for combo includes. Helps to organize.

OK, I thought I had been through the various config files and made them
all use the standard functions that support "include" and "directory".
Missed this one, it seems - and the protocols.cfg. Fixed for 4.3.6.

> * uptime configurable to be a red alert. Quite often a machine can
reboot
> quickly and we can be unaware for some time, we would like to be alerted
so
> we can restart all application processes ASAP to minimize downtime.

Will be in 4.3.6.

> * TEST2RDD and GRAPHS variables moved to another file, perhaps an
include
> for xymonserver.cfg? Why do I ask because we have dual Xymon servers
> running for redundancy and it would be nice if I could easily rsync
these 2
> variables in a file that does not have host specific variables.
Currently
> I cannot rsync xymonserver.cfg because of the XYMONSERVERHOSTNAME,
> XYMONSERVERIP, XYMONSERVERWWWNAME variables.

Easy to do (since I do that already). Create a xymonserver.cfg on each
server which holds only the site-specific stuff (those three variables you
mention), then put an "include xymonserver-common.cfg" at the bottom. Then
you keep all of the standard config (like TEST2RRD) in the common
config-file.