[Xymon] Integrating Xymon into IBM Netcool/OMNIbus

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Tue Nov 29 19:51:28 CET 2011

Hi Carl,

Attached text file with two simple config file details.  IP addresses changed.  It's quite possible that a portion of these config details came from this list, I really don't recall.  Warning: There are no regular directives (/var/log/messages, and so on) in these config files but they can be configured.

In a nutshell, we just send data from a few hobbit servers to a 'main' hobbit server.  This server then sends the data to netcool in some remote place, and to another local system for testing (used port 1985 for that bit).  The output looks ugly to me, but it's what the remote wanted/accepted.  The tag name hobbit: can be changed to whatever fits your needs.

rsyslogd is standard in some linuxes, not sure about building this on Sloaris but it should be possible.  Be real careful with this, you need to consider your existing syslog needs.

Regards,

Tim