[Xymon] ORA-12514 in xymon

Jens Torwesten jtorwesten at csc.com
Wed Nov 23 09:03:40 CET 2011

Hello,

in xymon we sometimes get the following error message output after adding a new
database Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g.

ORA-12514:TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect
descriptor (IDBD Error: OCIServerAttach)

It's not a configuration error, SID, Port, Servername or IP adress are all
configured properly. All other remote applications can connect with this values,
only xymon has problems to connect.
All our databases are configured in the same way in xymon, but only some of them
show the ORA-12514 failure.

Does anybody have seen this problem also in the past?

Thank you

Jens