[Xymon] Best way to dealing with 100's of tests or Can I build a page that scrolls down instead of across?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Nov 12 09:59:07 CET 2011

On 11-11-2011 22:29, Elizabeth Schwartz wrote:
> BUT that means we would have a BB page that goes a mile wide. This has
> been flat-out vetoed as unusable. I kind of agree.
>
> How have you handled multiple tests?
> Is there a way to write custom xymon pages that scroll down instead of across?

Try this patch - it is against the current "trunk" version, but I think
it will work on any 4.3.x release, since xymongen hasn't changed as far
as I recall.

This defines three new "page" categories in the hosts.cfg file, "vpage",
"vsubpage" and "vsubparent" that work just like the
"page"/"subpage"/"subparent" definitions, except that they have the
hostnames across, and the testnames down. "group" definitions are ignored.

Obviously you should not have too many hosts on a page.

You can what it looks like on http://www.xymon.com/xymon/vert/

(Not bad for a couple of hours work on a saturday morning, imho).