[Xymon] E-mail notifications

Rafal Roginela rroginela at AmeriCashLoans.net
Fri Nov 11 23:42:38 CET 2011

Hi,

Have a quick question/observation for the gurus... Currently migrating my Hobbit 4.2.0 to 4.3.5. And something I noticed is that my e-mail alerts do not happen as frequently on the new box. Here is the situation:
Host goes down at 10:15:00 - email sent
Host comes up at 10:16:00 - recovery email sent
And it is very regular like this on the old box no matter how many times it happens.
On the new box it does not happen all the time I looked at the host history and I see that it went down and came back up but I never got an e-mail.

Any place I can look to troubleshoot the source (xymon, postfix, etc)
Or maybe something else I should check?

The reason I'm noticing is that I have some hosts being conn tested on both the old and new box and I had flapping going on yesterday and the new box was very lax about e-mailing alerts so I'm afraid that I may have misconfigured something.

Let me know what other info I can provide but here is the basics:
Old: Centos 5 using sendmail for the smtp
New: Centos 6 using postfix for the smtp

I replicated the alerts.cfg the same as the old server to make sure all is as same as possible

Thank you,
Rafal Roginela
Network Engineer

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden. (3.8)</font>

 Please  consider the environment before printing this email.