[Xymon] Android 2.2 App on 2.3.3

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 22:22:35 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Rob Munsch <Munsch at phillycarshare.org>wrote:

> **
>  On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Rob Munsch <Munsch at phillycarshare.org>wrote:
>
>  Forking the Android thread as this is a different direction :)
>>
>> I've Android 2.3.3 on a Motorola Droid 2 Global and figured, what the
>> hey, let's try it: it installs from the market, and while the first version
>> crashed on startup, it accepts settings and runs.  But when I open it (with
>> my settings), it detects my Xymon version correctly but gives only STATUS:
>> UNKNOWN.
>>
>> I think it's hitting my site - I see at the top above Status
>>
>> xymon.mydoma.in:8080 (4.3.0)
>>
>> And I am indeed running 4.3.0.  I can also hit the site from the phone's
>> browser with no issues.
>>
>> - What could be so different from .2 to .3.3 that could break it like
>> this..?
>> - Is there anything I can do or info I could send you that would help?
>>

> The app works just fine on my Atrix with Android 2.3.4.
>
> Can you see your web server logs??  Anything in the error log??  What page
> request shows in the access log??
>
> Ralph Mitchell
>
>  Hmm, no entries except maybe Apache doesn't like how the app is trying
> to access things... this is in error.log:
>
> Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /var/www/
>
> That's the only log entry remotely near my hitting Refresh in the app.
> Nothing in the Xymon logs, nothing in Access either (which fits with the
> app being negged).

Does your /var/www directory have an index.html file?  If not, soft-link
that to xymon.html:

     cd /var/www
     ln -s xymon.html index.html

The app gets http://server.domain.com/ first.  If index.html exists, the
web server will send that in response.  If it doesn't exist, the web server
will just generate a directory listing, but *only* if directory index is
allowed by an Options directive.

Ralph Mitchell