[Xymon] Android 2.2 App

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Nov 4 19:34:09 CET 2011

On 04-11-2011 16:27, Darrik Mazey wrote:
>> Could you possibly add a text entry field which is sent along with the
>> web request as "filter" ? E.g. if I set this field to "page=servers",
>> then you'll request
>> "http://www.xymon.com/cgi-bin/appfeed.sh?filter=page=servers"
>
> Will do.  Are there other possible keys for filter? (Thinking of a more
> intuitive interface than just entering filter text.)

There are - you can filter on pages, hostnames and testnames. See the
description of the "xymondboard" command in th xymon(1) man-page - it's
on http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/manpages/man1/xymon.1.html

The man-page says that "wildcards are not supported". That's wrong, I'll
have to fix that. The page/host/test strings are regular expressions, so
you could use "host=www.*com" to get all hosts with a hostname that
begins with "www" and ends with "com".

> Thanks, Henrik.  Quick turnaround.  I should have a version of XymonQV
> out this weekend to use this interface.  Any chance I can get the source
> of appfeed.sh and appfeed-critical.sh so I can test somewhere other than
> xymon.com?  I check svn but didn't see them committed.

I just uploaded them a few minutes ago, they are in SVN now. It's
web/appfeed.c which does most of the work, and then web/appfeed.sh as a
wrapper for the CGI. appfeed-critical.sh is identical to appfeed.sh,
except that it adds a "--critical=/etc/xymon/critical.cfg" option.

You can install it on top of any 4.3.x installation by building it, and
then copying web/appfeed.cgi to ~xymon/server/bin/, and appfeed*.sh to
~xymon/cgi-bin/ . And add the line
    CGI_APPFEED_OPTS="--env=$XYMONENV"
to your cgioptions.cfg file, or the appfeed CGI might not pick up the
right settings from your Xymon setup.