[Xymon] Android 2.2 App

Darrik Mazey darrik.lists at darmasoft.com
Fri Nov 4 16:27:15 CET 2011

On 11/04/2011 11:12 AM, Henrik Størner wrote:
>> Is the "cookie" field what is used in the ack form as Number_X, in
>> order to post acks?
>
> Yes.

Superb.  Then acking alerts from the app should be cake.

>> Also, any chance we can get AckedBy as a separate field?
>
> It's not stored inside Xymon as separate data, but since the format is
> usually defined by the Xymon ack-tools, it shouldn't be a problem to
> split this out in a separate <AckedBy> property. I'll get that done over
> the weekend.

Great.

> Could you possibly add a text entry field which is sent along with the
> web request as "filter" ? E.g. if I set this field to "page=servers",
> then you'll request
> "http://www.xymon.com/cgi-bin/appfeed.sh?filter=page=servers"

Will do.  Are there other possible keys for filter? (Thinking of a more
intuitive interface than just entering filter text.)

> This is because I want to be able to pull data using a different filter
> than the default "color=red,yellow,purple" when fetching data from
> xymond via the "xymondboard" command. E.g. if I want to see all the
> critical hosts, but only for the hosts that are on the "servers"
> subpage, I can add a "page=servers" and I'll only get the hosts that are
> on that page - and it would be really cool for some of my users to do
> that, because we've grouped all hosts managed by a particular group on
> different pages.

I already had this request as well, so that's fantastic!

Thanks, Henrik.  Quick turnaround.  I should have a version of XymonQV
out this weekend to use this interface.  Any chance I can get the source
of appfeed.sh and appfeed-critical.sh so I can test somewhere other than
xymon.com?  I check svn but didn't see them committed.

Cheers,
Darrik

--
Darrik Mazey