[Xymon] Conn test

Ger Maguire ger.maguire at arra.ie
Thu Nov 3 16:39:56 CET 2011

Hi,

I am monitoring multiple systems that use a satellite connection which is causing me an issue with the conn tests as the first ping will almost always be 1200-1500ms but then subsequent pings will be a "stable" 700ms.

Is there any way that I can get the hobbitping to ignore the first ping result received and use the 2nd instead ? I was thinking of using a shell script to do this but this would be a last resort as it adds extra overhead into the conn testing for the system performance.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,
Ger.