[Xymon] Android 2.2 App

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 14:29:21 CET 2011

I was just thinking that xymondboard might be a good starting point for an
API.  I just put a very simple CGI script on my server:

     #!/bin/bash
     echo "Content-Type: text/plain"
     echo ""
     /home/xymon/server/bin/xymon localhost "xymondboard $QUERY_STRING"

then called it using curl:

     curl -s -S -L "http://server.domain.com/xymon-cgi/xap.sh?color=red"
     curl -s -S -L "http://server.domain.com/xymon-cgi/xap.sh?color=yellow"
     curl -s -S -L "http://server.domain.com/xymon-cgi/xap.sh?color=purple"

Piping those through "wc" I get a total of 3305 bytes for all three.
 Fetching the non-green page:

     curl -s -S -L "http://server.domain.com/xymon/nongreen.html"

gives me 30070 bytes.  Obviously that's going to depend on reporting
activity - I currently only have 14 lines in the "events received in the
past 240 minutes" block.

Ralph Mitchell