[Xymon] Android 2.2 App

Darrik Mazey darrik.lists at darmasoft.com
Thu Nov 3 02:11:06 CET 2011

On 11/02/2011 05:39 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
> Before I forget again, Android notifications need to be added to the
> phone or the auto update feature is nothing more than consuming battery
> power.

A friend and I discussed this, and we decided alerts were already
configured in a central location in xymon itself, so duplicating that
feature wasn't really necessary or desired.  I know my xymon install
already sends me sms alerts, and I assume everyone else's does as well.
 Of note, the auto-update only runs when the activity is on the screen
and stops if you navigate to another activity.

If enough people want in-app notifications, I will gladly provide them.
 However, alerting conditions are far more configurable via xymon proper
than they can be in the app while still being convenient, so it really
probably isn't worth it.

Darrik

--
Darrik Mazey