[Xymon] newbe questions

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Nov 2 16:04:07 CET 2011

Use the 'page' , 'subpage', and 'group' keywords to organize your machines.

Links not working? Not sure what that means. Clicking on the green face doesn't take you to the test? That would probably mean that backend processes like, xymonnet, probably aren't running.

At the top of your Xymon page, there is a help menu. It will tell you all about installing and configuring.

Paul Root    - Engineer III
Managed Services Systems - CenturyLink

From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of SNYDER, HOWARD
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:30 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] newbe questions

I have gotten Xymon installed and can see the web pages.  I have found that I can add servers to the hosts.cfg file and they will show up but I can't seem to separate them in page-->subpage.  Also none of my links are working.  Is there a blog or support page that I can go to and maybe find a other newbes that have gotten answers to basic questions answered?

Thank you,
Howard Snyder | AT&T Advanced Technical Support | OSS Adjunt
hs3082 at att.com<mailto:hs3082 at att.com>
Sr Tech Support Analysis
Network Services
(O) 404-531-5325
(C) 404-219-1104

This email and any files transmitted with it are the property of AT&T, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this email is addressed.  If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at the above phone number and delete this message immediately from your computer.  Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

For internal OSS support, open a ticket at this website:
http://gsatticket.web.att.com

For OSS account login issues, adds, changes, and removes, submit a request via NSMylogins website:
https://nslogins.edc.cingular.net/login.cfm

External support: Send email to the following distribution list for assistance during the day:  MNRCOSSAdjunct at awsmail.att.com<mailto:MNRCOSSAdjunct at awsmail.att.com>.

For off-hours critical issue OSS support, call the MNRC OSS team at 855-436-7287 Option 7

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication