[Xymon] Backup Application

White, Bruce bewhite at fellowes.com
Thu May 19 17:07:58 CEST 2011

I have a standard pre & post backup execution script which runs from the
backup software and sets the backup status in a file on the client
server.  In addition,  an external script which runs periodically
throughout the day to check that status.  The trick is making sure you
either execute the external script often enough to keep  purple
conditions ( default 30 minutes without a update) from occurring or set
the expiration on the status long enough to stay until the next backup
runs.

           ......Bruce

 Bruce White
 Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer | Phone: 1-630-671-5169 | Fax: 630-893-1648 | bewhite at fellowes.com | http://www.fellowes.com/

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Fellowes, Inc.