[Xymon] Apache2 lib path in Solaris 10

Roland Soderstrom rolands at logicaltech.com.au
Wed May 18 08:47:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm running latest 4.3.3 on Solaris 10 sparc.

What is the best way of making Apache2 in solaris 10 to find
/usr/local/lib (needed for libpcre.so.0 for once)
I must use the built in apache2.

1 setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH for apache2 somewhere, can't find a suitable
solution there.
2 crle -u -l /usr/local/lib Don't fancy that as it is GLOBAL. but the
only solution I have right now.
3 setting some VAR in Apache2 conf somewhere so Apache2 find /usr/local/lib

I don't fancy any "hacks" that could break apache2 any time I apply a
Solaris apache2 patch.
A solid Production solution is preferred.

Any ideas, pros and cons appreciated.

- Roland