[Xymon] Setting Xymon up for redundancy/HA

Root, Paul Paul.Root at qwest.com
Thu May 12 13:10:01 CEST 2011

Not sure about historical data and keeping that in sync. But I used to run 2 servers side by side. I would use rdist to copy the bb-hosts and hobbit-alerts.cfg, etc in sync.

The second server, actually kept the first serves hobbit-alerts.cfg file in a holding tank.  No it's alerts file had one alert, and that was for the first one. If the first went down, it would run a script that would copy the alerts file in place, thus making it the primary. In that alerts file, there is a rule that looks for recovery of the first server, and when that happens, a script is run that copies the backup alert file back in place.

Easy.

This question was posted a couple months ago. Check the archives. I'm pretty sure I posted the scripts.

Paul.

Paul Root
Lead Internet Systems Eng
CenturyLink