[Xymon] nongreen.html

Lee, Raymond Raymond.Lee at qwest.com
Thu May 5 23:15:25 CEST 2011

[Lee, Raymond]

Line 505 of Xymon 4.3.2 {src}/lib/htmllog.c shows the following:

        cmt = xmh_item(host, XMH_COMMENT); if (!cmt) cmt = xmh_item(host, XMH_DESCRIPTION);

But in Hobbit 4.2.0, the line was just:

        cmt = bbh_item(host, BBH_COMMENT);

So if the hosts in hosts.cfg have a DESCR: tag but not a COMMENT: tag, Xymon uses the DESCR: tag as the comment.  Was there a reason to add this feature?  I don't like this behavior either, as it makes nongreen.html a little hard to read when you have long DESCR: tags.  It would be nice to have an option for xymongen to turn off this behavior.

Thanks,
Ray