[Xymon] FW: SMTP on multiple ports

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Tue May 3 22:55:38 CEST 2011

Hi,

Without looking at the docs I think what you are seeing is a host entry getting parsed and picking up the first 'smtp' statement it sees.  So, out of the box for an individual host entry with multiple smtp statements, probably no.  Then again, it is an open source project, so 'out of the box' has a different meaning:)

If you want to add your own tests it's fairly simple, but I don't think you can extend the single smtp gem with multiple ports on the same host.  You can have tests with different host:port pairs or add a column with your own tests.  Depends on if you want the screen to draw more gems horizontally, or increase the host count (vertically).

Regards,

Tim