[Xymon] xymon and couchdb

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Thu Mar 31 08:54:52 CEST 2011

Hi Xymon users,

I have a question and was wondering what people thought. We currently run
two xymon servers to provide HA (servers are in different data centres with
only IP connectivity between them). All clients update both servers and we
replicate the state file at regular intervals to help with failover (manual)
in the event of an issue with the servers.

We were looking at automating the failover process and the subject of Apache
CouchDB was raised. Reading through some documentation on couchdb, I thought
that perhaps couchdb would make a good backend repository for xymon state
information.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with couchdb from a performance
perspective?

It would be a big change to xymon to use couchdb as the repository for xymon
state but it may aid in allowing for a more distributed/clustered xymon
deployment.

Thoughts?

Phil