[Xymon] ISO documentation on flapping status?

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 20:46:24 CEST 2011

To answer my own question I found the flapping doc, in xymond. Putting
it here in case anyone else is looking
--flap-count=N
Track the N latest status-changes for flap-detection. See the
--flap-seconds option also. To disable flap-checks, set N to zero.
Default: 5

--flap-seconds=N
If a status changes more than flap-count times in N seconds or less,
then it is considered to be flapping. In that case, the status is
locked at the most severe level until the flapping stops. The history
information is not updated after the flapping is detected. NOTE: If
this is set higher than the default value, you should also use the
--flap-count option to ensure that enough status-changes are stored
for flap detection to work. The flap-count setting should be at least
(N/300)-1, e.g. if you set flap-seconds to 3600 (1 hour), then
flap-count should be at least (3600/300)-1, i.e. 11. Default: 1800
seconds (30 minutes).