[Xymon] problem with xymond_client test

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Mar 28 14:36:11 CEST 2011

Hi Glenn,

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:50:02 -0400, Glenn Attwood
<attwood at utsc.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> (gdb) p hostname
> $1 = 0xb77be794 "permian.utsc.utoronto.ca"
> (gdb) p sender
> $2 = 0xb77be784 "142.150.160.219"
>
> so it looks like at least 2 different machines are causing this, both
> are solaris10/x86, running hobbit-client 4.3.0-beta2

sorry it's taken some time to get back to you about this.

Could you look at the client/tmp/msg.permian.utsc.utoronto.ca.txt file
over on the client and see what it has in the first line ? I am curious why
these hosts don't report a valid system identifier.

To avoid the crash, you can grab the latest lib/misc.c file from
http://xymon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xymon/trunk/lib/misc.c?view=log
(the 6661 revision) and drop it into your Xymon 4.3.0 sourcetree. That
should stop it crashing.