[Xymon] Newbie: some alerts not firing

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:52:25 CET 2011

Thank you all!!

>> HOST=%db* EXHOST=%*db*
>"any host that begins with db except those  that have dl2 anywhere in the name"

That is what I want, alert on this event  on all the database hosts
except the ones with dl2 anywhere in their names.

>> xymond_alert --test <hostname> <test>
>>I generally pipe that to grep -v Failed just to cut down on extraneous output. There are plenty of parameters for it, so read the man page. --duration is useful, etc.

thanks, that is a HUGE help. I had not been familiar with this. Gave
me some other stuff to look at, too

Looks like the redirect page is working now, but will take a real red
to feel 100% confident. (although as a sysadmin I hope it stays
green...)

thanks again. I am loving this list
Betsy