[Xymon] Another Newbie question. What is supposed to run after entering URL

Moore, Charles CMoore at corp.earthlink.com
Wed Mar 23 00:43:49 CET 2011

Thanks for the reply.  Someone else pointed this out to me as well.  Turns
out that there was a problem with pcre libraries not being found in the
common directories.  This precluded any files being created.  I thought I
had a problem with apache configuration.  This all was not evident to me
until searching through the copious logs and found a single line entry about
the error.  Once I added pcre to the library database it has all started up
fine.

Thanks again.

On 3/22/11 4:24 PM, "Jeremy Laidman" <jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:33 AM, Moore, Charles <CMoore at corp.earthlink.com>
> wrote:
>> OK.  I've installed v4.3.0 into /home/xymon.  It seems to have installed
>
>> upon entry by the browser?  Shouldn't there be a index.html or similar in
>> there to start things off?
>
> The xymond process creates the index.html file.  When you run xymond for the
> first time, the index.html doesn't exist, but after it runs through its tests
> it will create it for you.
>
> Cheers
> Jeremy

Charlie Moore