[Xymon] Xymon 4.3.0 released

john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com
Fri Mar 11 16:27:27 CET 2011

I had the same problem - not really sure why either but by rerunning the make-install a 2nd time worked for me.

Two other things that I have noticed:
- in server/bin/xymon.sh reload looks for /home/xymon/logs/xymond.pid which doesn't exist and all other modes (restart, etc) look for /home/xymon/logs/xymonlaunch.pid.  There is no running xymond on my server.
- I tried this during a previous upgrade attempt (maybe I will try it again).  I went through server/bin, server/etc, etc. and removed the remaining files and links that started with bb* or hobbit* which resulted in menu items out of place, non-functioning buttons, and just generally a broken Xymon website.

Thanks,
John
John Rothlisberger
Senior Analyst
Application & Technology Integration
Implementation & Managed Services for Business Process Outsourcing
IT Strategy, Infrastructure & Security - Technology Growth Platform
Accenture
312.693.3136 office