[Xymon] Issue with the hardware monitoring.

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Mon Jun 20 14:44:47 CEST 2011

On Friday, 17 June 2011 14:45:21 Katragadda, Srinivas wrote:
> We are monitoring about Windows 2003, 340+ servers using the Xymon. We have
> various models like of IBM,HP and DELL. We have installed the respective
> client packages like IBM Director, HP Insight and DELL Open Manage agents
> on the client side. We have configured appropriate community strings.
> Out of which very few of them we are able to get the status.

How were you trying to get "the status"?

> Majority of
> the servers were not able to do the hardware monitoring.

I use devmon for snmp polling for Xymon, and all the Dell (up to e.g. 1750 -
we stopped buying Dell after we bought the 1750s) and HP servers (up to
ProLiant generation 5 boxes, e.g. DL380G5) we have are monitored adequately
with the existing devmon templates.

Regards,
Buchan