[Xymon] Issue with the hardware monitoring.

kconnell at ryerson.ca kconnell at ryerson.ca
Fri Jun 17 16:09:40 CEST 2011

As far as hosts are concerned, it doesn't mater what it is as long as it has some sort of snmp daemon or server running on it that answers snmp polls and that your community strings are correct and there is access.

Xymon will be happy if a devmon template exists for the device being polled, then use details from that host template to get what you've asked for within the oid files.

If no template is found, devmon won't poll for details and report back to xymon. It does not imply that snmp traffic or polls to the host don't work.

Your xymon server is on a linux box I assume ?  Troubleshoot from there polling some hosts manually. If that's not doable, then find a snmp tool that works on windows that does snmpwalks or polls and have that on the same network as the xymon server.

Ken Connell
Intermediate Network Engineer
Computer & Communication Services
Ryerson University