[Xymon] No SMS when alert time starts

Johan Sjöberg Johan.Sjoberg at deltamanagement.se
Thu Jun 16 09:12:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

We have a number of servers for which we do not want SMS during the night. The alert conf looks like this for these servers:

SCRIPT /usr/local/xymon/server/ext/html_mail.pl noc at domain.com REPEAT=1d RECOVERED FORMAT=PLAIN
SCRIPT /usr/local/bin/sendsms.sh XXXXXXXXX TIME=W:0700:2000 DURATION>7 FORMAT=SMS REPEAT=15

With Xymon 4.2.x, if an alert occurred during the night, we got an e-mail immediately, and then we got SMS at 07:00.
Now, with 4.3.3, we get the e-mail, but we never get any SMS when the SMS alert time begins. If the alert is triggered during office hours, we get SMS.

Is this a bug in 4.3, or is the functionality changed?

/Johan