[Xymon] Stop all alerts for maintainance

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Wed Jun 15 16:40:42 CEST 2011

On 06/14/2011 09:35 PM, akshar bhosale wrote:
> hi,
> we have xymon 4.2.2. We want to stop all alerts at a time for some
> maintainance. How that can be done in one go?
> -akshar

You should be able to add "DISABLED" to the [alerts] section in
tasks.cfg, like this:

[alert]
	DISABLED
	ENVFILE /usr/lib/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
	NEEDS xymond
	CMD xymond_channel --channel=page  --log=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/alert.log
xymond_alert --checkpoint-file=$XYMONTMP/alert.chk --checkpoint-interval=600

I have a couple of other posts to the list to get confirmation that this
still works, but haven't gotten any replies.

Tom