[Xymon] two tests showing purple and clear

Paul.A.Gallegos at wellsfargo.com Paul.A.Gallegos at wellsfargo.com
Tue Jul 26 19:05:12 CEST 2011

Ok, I'm stumped. I'm running Xymon 4.3.2 on a group of 10 RedHat 5.4 x64
servers, 4 of which are DB servers.

3 out of the four DB servers are showing green, the fourth shows clear for
msgs (it says "no data reported") and purple for processes (over 20 days
since something was reported).

However, a ps command shows that the processes it should be checking for
exist, and I can tail the log to see things scrolling through.

I reinstalled the client on that server and it still won't go green.

The configuration for all four DB servers is the same, outside of one script
in ext/ directory.

What could possibly be the problem?