[Xymon] Apache tag not working, not playing nice with http tag.

Ward, Martin Martin.Ward at colt.net
Wed Jul 13 14:10:47 CEST 2011

Hi Elizabeth,

Just so as I understand it right, you are trying to monitor an Apache daemon running on a remote server?

Remote monitoring of ports is done from the Xymon server itself, i.e. the connection is initiated from your Xymon server to your webserver. Mine is configured and working like this:

hosts.cfg:10.5.1.2            server.colt.net   # ssh ftp http://server.colt.net/

In this manner I get a column labelled 'http' which shows green when the web server is running.

How does your setup differ from this?

|\/|

[Colt Disclaimer]
The message is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed
to or used by anyone else, nor may it be copied in any way. The contents of
this message and its attachments are confidential and may also be subject to
legal privilege. If you are not the named addressee and/or have received this
message in error, please advise us by e-mailing abuse at colt.net and delete the
message and any attachments without retaining any copies. Internet
communications are not secure and Colt does not accept responsibility for this
message, its contents nor responsibility for any viruses. No contracts can be
created or varied on behalf of Colt Technology Services, its subsidiaries,
group companies or affiliates ("Colt") and any other party by email
communications unless expressly agreed in writing with such other party.
Please note that incoming emails will be automatically scanned to eliminate
potential viruses and unsolicited promotional emails. For more information
refer to www.colt.net or contact us on +44(0)20 7390 3900