[xymon] 4.3.0 RC1 xymonclient-sunos.sh kstat fix

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 31 23:32:32 CET 2011

In <AANLkTikq9U0+dbegWMK2cBVMFUK1H7R6gTGEJLZon0Pu at mail.gmail.com> Brian Majeska <brian at majeska.com> writes:

>I just ran into this same problem last week regarding Solaris clients
>and extra ifstat interfaces from the kstat output from the
>xymonclient-sunos.sh script

>http://www.xymon.com/archive/2009/06/msg00204.html

>I was thinking it would be good to add the fix referenced for 4.3 :-)

Absolutely. The RC1 version has one half of this problem - the RRD
handling code filters out "mac" devices from processing - but I
didn't know about "wrsmd".

The client-side fix from the mentioned post has been applied now,
and I have updated the server-side RRD handler so it will also drop
data for "wrsmd" entries. So it should work with the 4.2.x clients.